|Happy New Year!
The beginning of a New Year gives everyone the feeling of a clean slate and fresh start. You feel like you left your baggage in the old year, and you can now move forward unencumbered and free! These are great feelings ~ while they last. Regardless of your New Year’s Resolutions, they generally follow the same theme. You adhere to them for awhile. Then, you fall back into the old patterns. Finally, life returns to the “same old thing.”
The secrets to sustaining your New Year’s Resolutions are as follows:
1. Continue to release the old baggage. While you may want to leave it in the old year, there is a strong probability that you brought it along. Most likely, you are simply ignoring it.
2. Set attainable goals. Take your goal, no matter how large or small, and break it up into steps. This sets you up for success.
3. Recognize every step attained as an accomplishment that imprints your mind-pattern with the frequency of “success!”
4. Acknowledge your accomplishments. Rather than beat yourself up for what you perceive you have not accomplished, focus on what you have accomplished.
5. If you set a goal, no matter how small, and do not attain it, know that it is okay. Not everyone reaches the goal the first time. You are not alone. You are not the only person to which this happened.
6. Know that you can start again, and again, and again…if you need to. The most important thing is to start. The second most important thing is to persevere.
7. Whatever happens, use it as a learning tool to keep moving forward rather than use it as a stumbling block to stop you.
8. As you evolve, allow your New Year’s Resolutions to evolve with you.
9. Be compassionate with yourself.
10. Keep Self, Oversoul, and God-Mind in alignment as best as you can.
Regardless of what goes on in the outer world, this can be your best year ever. You are the one who ultimately is in charge of your experiences. You have the motivation, you have choices, you have tools, you are prepared for whatever comes your way. Prove yourself successful; know that you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to do. Happy New Year!