Chemistry of Methylene Blue, the Highs and the Lows
by Dr. Charles McWilliams ©2020
Methylene blue [MB] is an inexpensive dye that was the earliest synthesized antibiotic, antifungal, and antimalarial drug having first been tested at the end of the nineteenth century. Methylene blue is a phenothiazine drug that at low doses (0.05 – 1 mg/kg body weight) has neurometabolic-enhancing properties, and in drug doses can treat infections. It was listed in Boericke’s Materia Medica as early as 1927 as a remedy for neuralgia, neurasthenia, malaria; typhoid. Used here it diminishes the tympanites, delirium, and fever; pus infection. It was already known to reduce the tendency to tremor, chorea and epilepsy. For infections it was used for bladder irritation and “surgical kidney” with large amount of pus in urine, gonorrhœa and cystitis. The dose was as low as the 3x attenuation; and as a standard 2 per cent solution, used in drop doses locally in chronic otitis with foul smelling discharges and even a 1 per cent aqueous solution for ulcers and abscesses of cornea of the eye.
As a nootropic, a drug used to enhance memory or other cognitive functions, Methylene Blue quickly crosses the gut and blood-brain barrier. It improves mitochondrial efficiency and respiration, acts as an antioxidant, and increases brain cell lifespan. Resulting in improved memory and mood.
In “A DICTIONARY OF PRACTICAL MATERIA MEDICA”, 1900, by John Henry CLARKE, M.D., we find the following:
“The most definite homœopathic experience is that of Halbert (H. W., xxxv. 541, quoting Clinique). Utilising the affinity of Meth.-b. for nerve tissues and nerve cells, Halbert has given it in 3x trituration with success in: Neuralgias of neurasthenia; tremor in neurasthenia; spasticity of hysterial contractions; trophic disturbances, the result of nerve-exhaustion; spinal irritation.”
Taking the drug Methylene Blue into consideration, the preparation was by trituration, grinding the MB powder with sugar of milk under a decimal scale. The potency 1x showed value of iron 1/10th of that of the MB quantity analysed from the crude, in the potency of 2x it is 1/100th; in the potency of 3x, it is further diluted 1/1000th, or one part per thousand. Based on the chemistry of that day, a 3X trituration tablet contained about 60 Micrograms or 0.06 Milligrams of MB, usually 3-4 taken at a time, meaning about 2-5 milligrams, about enough MB powder to wet your finger tip, a lick of salt, so to speak. So we are talking here little amounts.
In Merck’s 1899 Manual: Methylene Blue Merck.—C.P., Medicinal.
Bluish cryst., or blue powd.—Sol. in 50 parts water.—Uses: Rheumatism, malaria, cystitis, nephritis, etc.—Dose: 2—4 grn., in capsules.—Injection: 1 grn.—Max. D.: 15 grn., single or daily.
One grain = 0.065 grams, thus a 2 grain dose = 1300 milligrams, quite a high dose compared to the homeopathic materia medica. Today, the recommended safe doses based on clinical studies with animals and humans ranges from 0.5 – 4 mg/kg. So a 90 kg (200 lb.) body weight person translates to just 45 – 360 mg of Methylene Blue. Using a 2% solution that is commonly available, that is 1 mg./drop, or 45-360 drop doses.
It was recommended in Merck’s for Cancer. Chyluria. Climacteric Disorders. Cystitis. Diabetes Mellitus. Diphtheria. Eczema. Endometritis. Epithelioma. Gastric Ulcer. Gonorrhea. Headache. Herpes Zoster. Insomnia. Intermittent Fever. Joint Affections. Kidney Disease. Locomotor Ataxia. Malaria. Migaine. Nephritis, acute. Neuralgia. Neurasthenia. Phthisis. Purpura. Remittent Fever. Rheumatic Arthritis. Rheumatism, Muscular. Sciatica. Spleen, Hypertrophied. Throat, Sore. Tic Douloureux. Tumors. Ulcers and Sores. Urethritis. [https://www.gutenberg.org/files/41697/41697-h/41697-h.htm]
A recent study conducted by researchers at Children’s Hospital & Research Center Oakland shows that a century-old drug, methylene blue, may be able to slow or even cure Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. Used at a very low concentration – about the equivalent of a few drops in a bucket of water – the drug slows cellular aging and enhances mitochondrial function, potentially allowing those with the diseases to live longer, healthier lives. In other words, a homeopatic dose.
Research to date has shown that at low doses, methylene blue is a metabolic and cognitive enhancer that improves brain oxygen consumption, brain glucose uptake, cerebral blood flow, and memory improvement by induction of the cytochrome oxidase, respiratory enzyme found within nerve cells . By enhancing cytochrome oxidase activity, methylene blue increases oxygen consumption and amount of ATP available in neurons during memory consolidation.
Bruce Ames, PhD, a senior scientist at Children’s and world-renowned expert in nutrition and aging. “What we potentially have is a wonder drug.” said Dr. Ames. “To find that such a common and inexpensive drug can be used to increase and prolong the quality of life by treating such serious diseases is truly exciting.” He believes methylene blue has the potential to become another commonplace low-cost treatment like aspirin, prescribed as a blood thinner for people with heart disorders.
Methylene blue, which is easily absorbed by the mucosa in the colon and small intestine, can be taken orally. Although methylene blue has the potential to enter any nerve cell, it preferentially accumulates in neurons with higher energy demand, such as those involved in memory consolidation after extinction training. Hence, by acting as a mitochondrial electron cycler and antioxidant, very low-dose methylene blue increases cellular energy production and support enhanced memory consolidation in key brain regions associated with memory processing.
Methylene-blue, a photoactive phenothiazine dye, when added to plasma and exposed to visible light, can inactivate enveloped viruses in single units of plasma and has been used in Europe for approximately 20 years (Theraflex®, MacoPharma, Lille, France).
Methylene blue combined with sunlight has been used to treat resistant plaque psoriasis, AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma, West Nile virus, and to inactivate staphylococcus aureus,[used it in a biohack] HIV-1, Duck hepatitis B, adenovirus vectors, and hepatitis C. It is now being used in autoimmune conditions, neuro-degenertion, TBI, and diabetes.
Methylene blue (MB) for use in photodynamic antimicrobial applications is excellent, as a spray or topical agent, mainly because of their positive charges, making them suitable against Gram-positive and negative bacteria both, being broad-spectrum. In addition, they present low toxicity and absorption or regular light at 650 nm, these being favorable photochemical and photophysical properties. MB has been tested for immobilization with a variety of bacteria, and have proved effective against bacteria and viruses with light irradiation, which is a common environment in hospitals. Other materials can be used to immobilize along with and to potentiate MB antibacterial effectiveness, such as silver, copper, gold nanoparticles; these are able to act against E. coli and S. epidermidis when encapsulated even in silicone with MB. The process of immobilization presents the advantages of MB as a spray antibacterial.
Methylene blue and cancer
Recent research suggests that Methylene Blue and other redox cyclers induce selective cancer cell apoptosis by NAD (P) H: quinine oxidoreductase (NQO1)-dependent bioreductive generation of cellular oxidative stress. Hence methylene blue is being investigated for the photodynamic treatment of cancer
Methylene blue and Alzheimer’s disease
The relationship between Methylene blue and Alzheimer’s disease has recently attracted increasing scientific attention. It has been shown to attenuate the formations of amyloid plaques and neurofibrillary tangles and partial repair of impairments in mitochondrial function and cellular metabolism.
How does Methylene Blue work?
Mitochondria are organelles within cells that play the key role of energy production. Cellular energy is stored in the form of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), one of the most important molecules in the cell. As the name suggests, ATP contains three linked phosphate groups. Removal of each group releases a large amount of energy, which is expended in supporting cellular function. Subsequent removal of ATP produces ADP (adenosine diphosphate) & AMP (adenosine monophosphate). ATP is produced within mitochondria as a final product of respiration, a series of biochemical reactions that extract energy from glucose. These biochemical reactions require oxygen & electron carriers (e.g. NADH).
Methylene blue supports mitochondrial respiration by functioning as an additional electron carrier. MB receives electrons from NADH through mitochondrial complex I, itself being reduced to leuco-MB (MBH2). Leuco-MB then donates the electrons to cytochrome C, upon which it is recycled back to MB. These reactions serve to create a high proton (H+) concentration in the space between the inner & outer mitochondrial membranes. This leads to the passage of H+ down the concentration gradient, through mitochondrial complex V. In doing so, ADP & a phosphate (Pi) are joined to form ATP. Leuco-MB can also act as a free radical scavenger, neutralising superoxides by accepting electrons & itself becoming oxidized back to MB. In this way, leuco-MB acts to prevent direct oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
MB has been observed to preferentially localise in neurones that are more active. Stimulated mitochondria in these neurones modulate genomic expression of proteins that further potentiate mitochondrial respiration via nuclear respiratory transcription factor (NRF-1), resulting in increased expression of cytochrome oxidase (COX), nitric oxide synthase (NOS-1), NMDA receptors, & AMPA receptors. Strengthened synaptic connections as a result of these processes result in improved memory.
The pharmacologic mechanism behind the neuroprotective activity of methylene blue is unique in that it does not involve a receptor-ligand interaction, as do most drugs. In addition, MB also exhibits an atypical dose-response curve– one that has been described as hormetic. Hormesis is a phenomenon where lower doses produce optimum responses while higher doses or exposures may actually produce the opposite effect. Hormesis is an intriguing pattern that may explain the dose-responses associated with exercise & oxidative stress, where the right amount of exercise-induced oxidative stress induces a cascade of favourable physiologic adaptations that can mitigate more severe stressors.
As previously mentioned, metabolism of MB involves reduction to leukomethylene blue (MBH2). MB is primarily eliminated in the urine (75%).
Methylene blue is associated with a very favourable safety profile. It is generally well-tolerated at doses lower than 2 mg/kg. The most noticeable side effect of MB is blue discolouration of the oral cavity and blue or blue-green discoloration of the urine. These effects are reversible and not harmful.  Staining of the teeth can be removed with repeated tooth-brushing, and discolouration of the urine ceases after the drug is fully removed from the system. Other reported adverse effects include a mild headache and dizziness.
Methylene blue will most likely cause your urine or stools to appear blue or green in color when taken in medical doses for malaria, UTI’s or other conditions. This is a normal side effect of the medication and will not cause any harm. In fact, in Africa to treat malaria, it is a helpful sign to insure patients, especially children, are complying with taking the medication.
Methemoglobinemia is a disorder characterized by the presence of >1% methemoglobin (metHb) in the blood. Treatment is generally with oxygen therapy and methylene blue. Other treatments may include vitamin C. Methemoglobinemia is relatively uncommon, with most cases being acquired rather than genetic. Carbon monoxide poisoning typically occurs from breathing in carbon monoxide (CO) at excessive levels. Carboxyhaemoglobin (COHb) is formed when carbon monoxide (CO) binds to the ferrous iron found in haemoglobin. Haemoglobin’s affinity for CO is 218 times greater than that for oxygen (O2), which results in CO displacing O2 during competition for haem binding sites. Both potassium cyanide and carbon monoxide poisoning have been treated using methylene blue as an antidote. It was first used for cyanide poisoning during the 1930s and was employed during the mid-20th century to treat carbon monoxide exposure.
Spontaneous formation of methemoglobin is normally counteracted by protective enzyme systems, for example, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) methemoglobin reductase. Methemoglobinemia is treated with supplemental oxygen and methylene blue (1–2 mg/kg) administered slow intravenously, which acts by providing an artificial electron acceptor for NADPH methemoglobin reductase. But known or suspected glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is a relative contraindication to the use of methylene blue because G6PD is the key enzyme in the formation of NADPH through pentose phosphate pathway and G6PD-deficient individuals generate insufficient NADPH to efficiently reduce methylene blue to leukomethylene blue, which is necessary for the activation of the NADPH-dependent methemoglobin reductase system. So, we should be careful using methylene blue in methemoglobinemia patient before G6PD levels.
Methylene blue in drug doses is contraindicated in patients with G6PD deficiency. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) is a metabolic enzyme involved in the pentose phosphate pathway, especially important in red blood cell metabolism. G6PD deficiency, an X-linked recessive hereditary disorder, is the most common human enzyme defect.
Individuals with the disease may exhibit nonimmune hemolytic anemia in response to a number of oxidative stresses. G6PD deficiency is a genetic condition that it is passed along from either one or both parents to their child. This defective gene causes G6PD deficiency on the X chromosome, which is one of the two sex chromosomes.
Men have only one X chromosome, while women have two X chromosomes. In the males, one altered copy of the gene is enough to cause G6PD deficiency while In females, a mutation would have to occur in both copies of the gene. Since it is unlikely for females to have two altered copies of this gene. Male are most affected by G6PD deficiency than females.
Summary of Research
- Methylene blue has massive effects on mitochondria. Only recently, has research been showing very interesting quantum effects on mitochondria with stressed out respiratory proteins that lead to almost all illnesses. Lack of energy production of ATP in our cells is a core cause of almost all diseases The modern world creates an environment that favors inactivation of the energy proton pump, the electrical chain leading to ATP, as cause to a chronic stress response. MB can help anyone who lives in a highly stressed environment. The supplement industry completely ignores MB because its unknown, but it is also cheap, homeopathic, non-toxic, and inactivates viruses that are plaguing now this planet.
MB IS THE QUININE OF THE 21st CENTURY.
- MB by absorbing blue light can circulate easily through the bodies’ fluids; it reflects blue light inside of us while acting as another electron donor would in the all important mitochondria, oxygenating cells throught the electron transport chain, and reversing the very damages caused by an excess free radicals.
- Methylene blue sprayed on the skin and taken oraly combined with sun light has been used to treat resistant plaque psoriasis, AIDS-related Kaposi’s sarcoma, West Nile virus, and to inactivate staphylococcus aureus, HIV-1, Duck hepatitis B, adenovirus vectors, hepatitis C, and can be used to offset corona virus exposure.
- MB is now being used in autoimmune conditions, neuro-degenertion, TBI, and diabetes. Phenothiazine dyes and light have been known to have virucidal properties for over 70 years. And because MB is so non-toxic, this is why methylene blue works in combating many viral diseases.
- Methylene blue increases O2 by helping hemoglobin’s heme protein offload more O2. This is very important in the vascular bed. It also makes every tissues have its own quantum signals increasing energy.
- Methylene blue can act as an alternative electron acceptor, and reverses the NADH inhibition in mitochondria. This means it raises NAD+. This is why cardiac and neuro surgeons and orthopedic muscular surgeons like to use it in their sick patients. Methylene blue can be an adjunct in the management of patients experiencing vagoplegic syndrome after cardiac surgery. It has been used in compartment syndrome by orthopedic surgeons for these reasons.
- Methylene blue is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor. MAOI’s act by inhibiting the activity of monoamine oxidase, thus preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters and thereby increasing their availability. Thusly, methylene blue increases dopamine, melatonin, serotonin, and melanin levels on our brains to increase our ability to deal with stress more properly.
- MB will also increase epinephrine and nor-epinephrine levels to increase BP and muscle power on a short term basis. This explains why cold thermogenesis increases beta three sympathetic receptors to liberate protons in brown (BAD) fat for beta oxidation on mitochondria.
- Nicotinic channels mediates the majority of fast excitation in autonomic ganglia. Nicotine is made from aromatic amino acids that absorb UV light. Nicotine is a nightshade plant. People who’s cells lack a decent quantity of ELF- UV light have trouble tolerating nightshade plants. Nicotine increases dopamine levels naturally. Anything that increases dopamine levels has huge effects on silent vagal stimulation. Not everyone can use this because not everyone can assimilate UV light well photoelectrically, but they can use MB.
- Methylene blue is also a photosensitizer that generates peroxides and has a huge effect on catalase in RBC’s. MB can used to create singlet oxygen when exposed to both oxygen and light. Singlet oxygen is needed at cytochrome one in small bursts to lower mitochondrial heteroplasmy. This is why diabetics and obese people have no superoxide burst at cytochrome
- Diabetics and the obese are people who came into the world with loose mito-nuclear coupling that got worse by blue light and nnEMF to lead to their other diseases. Diabetics and the obese need an ideal superoxide burst to clear our badly functioning mitochondria to increase their coupling to better match the environment they choose to live in. Fasting can help, but MB can be used in this regard to make metabolism better.
- In recent years there was a surge of interest in MB as an antimalarial agent and as a potential treatment of neuro-degenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease (AD), through its inhibition of the aggregation of the damaging tau protein, Parkinson’s, and Huntington’s disorders. From the results of numerous investigators starting in the 1920’s who used methylene blue in the study of the nature of cell combustions we know at present that this dye can increase oxidations in various biological systems. von Szent-Gyorgyi and Fleisch in the 1920s independently showed that the reduced dye can give up this hydrogen to molecular oxygen and thereby establish “the bridge between activated hydrogen and oxygen.”
The mechanism of biological oxidations with methylene blue has been explained quite differently by Warburg who discovered the cause of cancer as hypoxia. From the early study of the oxygen consumption of red blood cells treated with methylene blue he concluded that the dye probably acts by bringing the oxidizing agent proper, which is an iron compound, to a higher level of oxidation, in which state only, it can and does oxidize the substrate present. Later it was proven and shown methylene blue displaced cyanide and could save lives.
Methylene blue can be supposed to act, by whatever mechanism, by keeping one of the factors of normal cell oxidation in a higher state of activity. The question then arose to such famous researchers as Dr. Bruce Ames, as whether this factor can be induced to greater activity in a normal cell. In other words, can methylene blue increase the oxygen consumption and metabolism of normal cells, tissues or organisms?
THE ANSWER IS NOW CONCLUSIVELY: YES!
This is to date, I have compiled the most definitive text refernce on MB for the medical profession.
MB forces us to harken back to our old days of pre-med biochem, those dumbfounded Kreb’s steps, and the like, and it is here we find use for them, finally. It then dawned on me the old Hubbard niacin rundown, the diabetic early work on biotin, schizo’s and niacin, etc. And here I think we find MB, alpha-lipoic, and CoQ10 as the missing links in our effective treatments. At this point, why do orthomolecular doses at all without a few drops of MB and Fulvodyne to the water prescription?
All things considered, just as we learned of the importance of vitamin C in the 90’s, iodine at the outset of the 21st century, we can now add meth blue to our daily armamentarium. Don’t leave home without it!
- 13. Aging skin becomes ugly, thin, dry, and wrinkled and has reduced water retention. Tissue staining studies have shown that treatment of skin with even trace amounts of methylene blue (0.5 µM) results in increased thickness of the dermis as well as elevated skin hydration. 4 This increased dermal thickness and raised lipid levels in the skin, as a result of ROTS mitigation by topical methylene blue treatment, provides an effect which enhances the hydration properties of skin like no other product.
This ability to enhance the hydration properties of aged skin has sound benefits of smoothness, healthy glow, and, in many cases, fine wrinkle reduction. Aging skin also becomes thinner with time as a result of collagen and elastin depletion. This is likely due to decreased enzymatic production within the extracellular matrix together with increased ROTS in the dermis (rotting dermis), which results in a degenerative cycle inducing the aging process. After the age of forty, production of both elastin and collagen fall off rapidly while the ROTS accumulate, adding to the degenerative cycle, the lipofuscin aging (liver) spots, etc. Increased levels of ROTS is perhaps the leading cause of both skin aging and disorders, such as acne vulgaris, as the buildup directly results in both breakdown and production of collagen and elastin. Elastin is an extremely important dermal protein responsible for skin pliability, resilience, and elasticity, which promotes firmness and definition of the skin. The deleterious effects of low levels of elastin and collagen translate into sagging turkey waddles and facial skin replete with wrinkles. Such effects may be avoided using the intrinsic antioxidant properties of an antioxidant, such as methylene blue. To this effect, researchers conducting skin tissue work demonstrated an increase in elastin fibers within the dermis after only two weeks of cosmetic treatment with methylene blue, which was accompanied with demonstrable anti-aging effects.
14. Senility and neurodegeneration. It has also been reported that methylene blue, injected at a dose of 1 mg/kg of body weight, improved brain oxidative metabolism and memory retention in rats (Callaway, 2004), and that senescence-enhanced oxidative stress which is associated with deficiency of mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase in vascular endothelial cells improved (Xin 2003).
According to TauRx, the problem is that the aggregation of tau protein is autocatalytic: once it gets going, it’s a cascade. They believe that methylene blue disrupts the aggregation, and even helps to dissociate existing aggregates. Once they’re out in their monomeric forms, the helical tau fragments are degraded normally again, and the whole tau backup starts to clear out.
15. Methylene blue at dosages of 65 mg taken three times a day has been reported to be useful in the management of chronic renal calculous (stone) disease (Smith, 1975). Methylene blue will dissolve calcium oxalate stones given 65 mg orally 2 to 3 times a day. (Dr. M. J. Vernon Smith: Med. World News, Dec. 4, 1970) In my practice, I could say roughly 10% of patients are “gravelers”, the form sand in their kidneys on a 24/7 basis. Daily drops of MB is just another use of MB for the medley of today’s problems.
16. It has also been reported that bipolar manic-depressive patients treated with macro- dose 300 mg/day methylene blue for one year were significantly less depressed than when treated with a 15 mg/day placebo (Naylor, 1986).
17. Methylene Blue is an antidepressant. Methylene Blue is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). It inhibits MAO-A more than MAO-B, but inhibits both at large doses. One study in 1987 showed that 15 mg per day of Methylene Blue was a potent antidepressant in those with severe depression.
Another study with 31 bipolar disorder patients compared 300 mg per day of Methylene Blue with 15 mg per day. The patients were also on lithium treatment. The study showed that the 300 mg dose of Methylene Blue was a “useful addition to lithium in the long-term treatment of manic-depressive psychosis”. And patients were significantly less depressed.
18. MB is a methyl donor with the ability to cleave carbon monoxide off from hemoglobin for people who smoke cigarettes or live in polluted, high traffic areas. When the body is poorly oxygenated, the sugar that is burned in oxygen by the cell for energy burns poorly, producing carbon monoxide, instead of carbon dioxide. I once had a patient in terminal cancer, and she tripped my Carbon Monoxide breath analyzer, which at the time puzzled me, as she had not been exposed to automobile traffic. Monoxide has a great affinity for the iron in hemoglobin, and the hemoglobin is unable to shed it in the lungs, and so must leave without a fesh supply of oxygen. This can produce the condition known as methemoglobin anemia. People over the age of fifty almost always have some methemoglobin in their blood. By taking methylene blue, 5 drops of 0.5 -1.0% in a glass of water before bed, we can eliminate carbon monoxide from our blood in a few short weeks. Methylene blue is perfectly safe -low dose- and non-toxic. Its only side effect in milligram dose is to temporarily turn the tongue blue, and to make the urine blue-green. It rarely needs to be repeated more than once a year for this effect. One of my graduates in London tried this and thanked me, relieved all his brain fog, it works! So if you live in a congested city, take your que.
19. Photodynamic Virus Inactivation Therapy
“A method for using thiazine dyes, especially methylene blue or methylene blue derivatives, in an immediate or controlled release formulation, alone or in combination with low levels of light or other drugs, to selectively inactivate or inhibit hepatitis infection, has been developed. Clinical trial results demonstrate efficacy in a human clinical trial for treatment of hepatitis C by oral administration of methylene blue immediate release formulation, in a dosage of 65 mg twice daily, over a period of at least 100 days. A method for using thiazine dyes, especially methylene blue or methylene blue derivatives, in an immediate or controlled release formulation, along or in combination with low levels of light or other drugs, to prevent or decrease reactivation of viruses, is also described. The preferred class of patient is infected with, or has been exposed to, viruses such as Herpes simplex virus type 1 & 2, Varicella zoster virus, Epstein-Barr virus, Cytomegalovirus, and Herpes virus type 6 & 7, Adenovirus, and Human polyoma viruses, e.g. JC virus and BK virus. In one embodiment the thiazine dye is administered to a patient experiencing symptoms or disease caused by reactivation of a virus. In a preferred embodiment the thiazine dye is administered to a patient at risk for or experiencing symptoms or disease caused by reactivation of a virus, prior to or during immunosuppression or chemotherapy.”
20. ALL THINGS HOMEOPATHIC
In A DICTIONARY OF PRACTICAL MATERIA MEDICA by John Henry CLARKE, M.D., he states: “Halbert has given it in 3x trituration with success in: Neuralgias of neurasthenia; tremor in neurasthenia; spasticity of hysterial contractions; trophic disturbances, the result of nerve-exhaustion; spinal irritation.”
The 3x trituration is what is called a ” low attenuation ” that is to say, it is not highly infinitesimal but it is sufficiently low to have lost all taste or smell of crude component. The largest particles of the 3x trituration do not exceed 1/4000 of an inch in diameter, meaning they are colloidal. This is equivalent to one drop of water diluted into 50 milliliters (ten spoonfulls) or, which is approximately a few milligrams of MB per kilogram of solution of water. Homoeopathic Triturations are used in 250 milligrams to 500 milligrams (half a gram) at a time per dose whether 1 or 2 tablets are used. Triturations are used in generally in 3X or 6X potency. So a 3x trituration at a 1/2 gram dose, of which the tablet is 3 parts per thousand meaning we have reached the microgram doses of Ames.
So in Halbert’s day (circa 1920’s), Alzheimer which is today the most common form of dementia, had just been described by German psychiatrist Alois Alzheimer in 1906. Parkinson’s disease, which is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system was known. The motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease result from the death of dopamine-generating cells in the substantia nigra, a region of the midbrain. The cause of this cell death is unknown. Early in the course of the disease, the most obvious symptoms are movement-related; these include shaking, rigidity, slowness of movement and difficulty with walking and gait. Later, cognitive and behavioural problems may arise, with dementia, like Alzheimer’s, commonly occurring in the advanced stages of the disease.
So in examining Halberts use of MB in neurasthenia, his results would be from the anti-oxidant action newly discovered by Dr’s Ames and Atamna. I suspect Halbert had triturations of MB given for some time, like cell salts are given in low dose, to see these effects. The German Homeopath Dr. Hans Reckeweg long ago predicted that herbal dilutions and extracts in these micro-ranges would have metabolic stimulatory effects, reversing blockages of Kreb’s cycle. I have said the same thing about herbal teas. Now I feel my theory is complete. Never doubt the power of herbal tea! Do not underestimate the value of homeopathic study.
MB – MORE… ANTIVIRAL FOR CORONA
Blu block is a skin tonic with MB and colloidal ions that not only block 5G radiation waves, but also inactivates viruses on contact.
WASH YOUR HANDS, THEN SPRAY THEM DOWN!
Fulvic acids with its complex of trace mineral ions work to obstruct the signalling protein pathways by reflectance shielding, blocking the infiltration of 5G pulsed signals. Unique protein inhibiting antioxidants in fulvic block the infiltrating signals that normally allow adjacent cells to become co-carriers. Blue Block can be sprayed just like water on your face, ears, neck, arms, hands, legs, and even hair. Once sprayed on in the morning, the ions will not evaporate and will give protection all day long as you enter in-and-out of zap zones and saturated wave fields in shopping and commercial centers.